I'm going to disagree with you. EthanCello makes two claims as to why "Linux-Based OS" is a viable answer. OS X meets only one of the two, and thus should not be included in this particular nomination. »
So, I think I've broken my Nexus 4. Just got it in August, and now part of the screen is unresponsive to touch. Pixels still show colors and no visible screen cracks, but it has been driving me crazy this entire week. »
It is also useful to note that Java is the language for AP Computer Science A and (on a smaller scale) IB Computer Science SL/HL. So, for those of you who are High School students, learning Java might allow you to take the AP exam or take the IB Computer Science course for college credit. »
The problem is that not every computer will default to Dvorak. In fact, I think I can safely say that, except your own computers, you will not run into another computer that is set to Dvorak. »
Starting to use the command line for some of my tasks (and thus not using a mouse) allowed me to become much faster once I got used to the interface. Examples include using vim, screen, and htop. »
I'm also testing out the Themer beta. Overall, I think it needs a little more work until it becomes what I would love for it to be. The fact that it can do themes well is great, but it oftentimes comes without the flexibility for other users that makes it shine. »
[Android] Themer - Got the beta through the Lifehacker reader opportunity, and I have had the opportunity to play with it. Overall, I think this could be a very useful tool for applying themes very quickly. For me, however, the software is not ready for prime time just yet (hence the fact that it is in beta). Getting… »
I also have a Nexus 4 (just got it 2/3 weeks ago). Here is my response to your comments.
1. This is because smartphones are less of "phones" and more of internet gateway devices. Thus, screen size is getting bigger because people are accessing internet content on it more than they are making calls.
2. I agree, this is a… »
Double checked with my Nexus 4 as well; saying "Google" instead of "OK, Google" works as well. Might be more with the Moto X than with the application itself (or still rolling out to phones with 4.3). »
I would suggest auto-updating everything, then stopping the app that you do not want to download by canceling it from the play store. It should continue on with the updates, but that app will not update afterwards. »
- Chrome for Android. It really matches the look of Android in a rather clean way. In addition, it syncs to your desktop and is one of the best Android browsers available.
- Google Keep for Android. It's a notetaking app that is pretty and very fast. I also use it as my todo list since, for some reason, every single… »
- Determine your Priorities. If your goal is to get all A's or get a scholarship, make sure that is what you are trying to work on. If, on the other hand, you goal is to play sports or focus on a hobby, allow your schoolwork to give you the opportunity to do that.
- Cripple your Technology. We know that distractions… »